When I’m installing drupal commerce kickstart installation. The minimum requirement is 128MB of PHP memory_limit, but GoDaddy PHP memory limit is 64MB.
To increase PHP memory limit follow these steps.
- Login to godaddy cpanel -> open up file manager, go to root of the directory.
- Create a new file here named php5.ini, if you already have php5.ini edit the file. Add this line to that file
memory_limit = 256M
- Save the file and close it.
- If you open php info file, your changes won’t take effect.
Here comes the tricky part.
- From under stats & Monitors, click on System Processes
- You will find a button End All, click that button and reload php info file in your browser, You can find your updated php memory limit.
In my case it’s worked, your hosting plan should support the modifications otherwise it will not work, If you have any difficulty in creasing php memory limit, let me know the issue.
If your cpanel is newer version then create a file named “.user.ini”, then add the code. And test it with phpinfo function.